Through the PRS Custom Amp Designs Shop, Paul Smith and Doug Sewell have resurrected one of Doug's most successful Sewell amps-the Blistertone 100. This amp is the evolution of Sewell's original design, released nearly a decade ago. The new Blistertone 100 is a versatile, modern single channel amp with the ability to create clean to strong overdrive tones using your guitar's volume control. The cleans reveal shimmer and sparkle reminiscent of higher wattage British amps. The overdrive tones are strong with carefully tailored, large lows that remain tight when pushed. The master volume is specially designed for overall volume, punch, and clarity at lower settings. The tone stack (tone control circuitry) is unique to the Blistertone and allows a wide range of modern tone tweaking. Options include either reverb or an effects loop.
• 50 Watts
• Power Tubes: 2 SED (winged C) 6L6GCs
• Preamp Tubes: 3 JJs ECC83S and a 12AT7 reverb driver or another ECC83S for the effects loop (depending on the option).
• Front Controls: Single input jack, bright switch, volume, reverb (if present), treble, mid, bass, and master volume.
• Rear Panel: Rear panel includes mains fuse, bias test jacks and adjustment pot, 4 and 8 ohm output jacks (each with parallel extension jacks), a single 16 ohm output jack, and (if present) effects loop send and return jacks and level controls.
• Custom Amp Design Options: Effects loop option includes send and receive return jacks and send and receive level controls. Reverb option includes a tube driven, three spring unit for extra depth and richness.