|Home||Electrics||Acoustics||Amps||Effects||Accessories||Used Gear||New Arrivals||Video Library||Blog|
Serial Number Video What does this mean?
This is a new 2014 Historic 58 Reissue Les Paul in Lemon Burst. The most accurate vintage re-creation yet from Gibson, this 2014 has a very different neck carve for a 58. It is slimmer with very little cheek or shoulders giving it an uber-comfy feel and ease of playing. This 58 is Extremely lively, bubbling and has a lot of bounce in the attack and a ton of bloom with killer overtones. It is warm and throaty with a touch of butter in the attack, clear and broad mids with a singing top end that is never harsh or edgy. A Great sounding Les Paul with great soul and a lot of character.
Contains all the same changes that the 2013 Historics have with a added 1894-2014 Custom Shop backplate.
Extensive feature and construction changes have been made to the 2013-2014 Gibson Historic guitars:
• Finish - Aniline dye now colors the bodies and necks of the sunburst finishes, replicating the original beauty and finishing technique that created the Cherry over Mahogany finish of the 1950’s.
• Fingerboard - 1-piece rosewood fingerboards.
• Hardware - Long bridge and tailpiece studs and inserts to replicate the originals and adding to the already brilliant high’s, attack, and sustain the Les Paul is known for.
• Construction - Hot hide glue in the neck to body joint maximizes the resonant benefit of set neck construction.
• Aesthetics - Historically more realistic darker binding.
• New color formula for Goldtops, adds a bit more green and depth to the finish. Also new finish to back and sides that adds more depth and richer grain presentation!
|Brand:||Gibson Custom Shop|
|Model:||Historic 1958 Les Paul Gloss|
|Finish Color:||Lemon Burst|
|Top Wood:||Carved Maple|
|Body Wood:||Solid Non-Weight Relieved Mahogany|
|Neck Wood:||1-Piece Mahogany Neck|
|Neck Shape:||Early '50s Rounded|
|Neck Dimensions:||.900 1st - .970 12th|
|Width at Nut:||1 11/16"|
|Binding:||Slightly Darker Single-Ply Cream on Top and Neck|
|Pickups:||2 Custom Buckers|
|Controls:||2 Volume, 2 Tone; 3-way Toggleswitch with Thin Washer & Jackplate|
|Tailpiece:||Lightweight Aluminum Stopbar|
|Case:||Gibson Custom Hardshell|