|Home||Electrics||Acoustics||Amps||Effects||Accessories||Used Gear||New Arrivals||Video Library||Blog|
Serial Number Video What does this mean?
We are proud to introduce another LTD Gibson run of Historic Les Pauls. These 57 Goldtops are absolutely extraordinary, they feature the underwound Custom Bucker pickups that we love, these pickups have a bit more of the right compression and squishiness that make the guitar roar and sing with great bloom. The color of the Goldtop is vivid and rich, these 57s also have the hot hide glue neck to body joint, Gibson long studs and inserts and drip with soul and vibe! We are very excited about the killer neck profile on these, it is much slimmer than the typical 57 Reissue with very little cheek or shoulder. These guitar necks were patterned after an original 57 owned by our buddy, Dave Rogers, we think this is the perfect 57 neck profile we have all longed for!
2013 Historic spec change overview:
• 1-piece rosewood boards.
• Aniline dye on back and sides on burst finishes. This was original, and discontinued many years ago.
• Hide glue on neck to body joint. Better tonally than aliphatic and other modern adhesives, becomes almost invisible in the joint. Also allows for easier removal of the neck.
• Kluson “Deluxe” tuners – the most accurate reproductions yet!
• New Custom Bucker pickups that are only available on Historics and not available after market.
• Slightly darker cream binding.
• New color formula for Goldtops, adds a bit more green and depth to the finish. Also new finish to back and sides that adds more depth and richer grain presentation!
|Brand:||Gibson Custom Shop|
|Model:||Limited Run Historic 1957 Les Paul Gloss|
|Finish Color:||Goldtop (new color formula)|
|Top Wood:||Carved Maple|
|Body Wood:||Solid Non-Weight Relieved Mahogany|
|Neck Wood:||1-Piece Mahogany Neck|
|Neck Shape:||Custom Neck Profile|
|Neck Dimensions:||(.890 1st - .960 12th)|
|Width at Nut:||1 11/16"|
|Binding:||Slightly Darker Single-Ply Cream on Top and Neck|
|Pickups:||2 Custom Wound Custom Buckers|
|Controls:||2 Volume, 2 Tone; 3-way Toggleswitch with Thin Washer & Jackplate|
|Tailpiece:||Lightweight Aluminum Stopbar|
|Case:||Gibson Custom Hardshell|