|Home||Electrics||Acoustics||Amps||Effects||Accessories||Used Gear||New Arrivals||Video Library||Blog|
Serial Number Video What does this mean?
From the Gibson Custom Shop and Wildwood Guitars comes the latest incarnation of the Wildwood Spec Les Pauls! For these spectacular guitars the necks, fingerboards, bodies, tops, and even the small Mahogany wings that glue to the headstock have been painstakingly and carefully hand-selected to utilize the lightest and most resonant woods available.
Extensive feature and construction changes have been made to the 2013 Gibson Historic guitars:
• Finish - Aniline dye now colors the bodies and necks of the sunburst finishes, replicating the original beauty and finishing technique that created the Cherry over Mahogany finish of the 1950’s.
• Fingerboard - 1-piece rosewood fingerboards.
• Hardware - Long bridge and tailpiece studs and inserts to replicate the originals and adding to the already brilliant high’s, attack, and sustain the Les Paul is known for.
• Construction - Hot hide glue in the neck to body joint maximizes the resonant benefit of set neck construction.
• Aesthetics - Historically more realistic darker binding.
• TONE - Our exclusively designed and produced “Wildwood Spec Custom Buckers” , Underwound Coils and Overpowering Tone.
• New color formula for Goldtops, adds a bit more green and depth to the finish. Also new finish to back and sides that adds more depth and richer grain presentation!
The Wildwood Spec Featherweight Les Pauls offer the very best in soulful tone and playing comfort. The lightweight woods give the Wildwood Spec Featherweight a more open tone, with more air and information surrounding the notes, while the Maple top adds high end and sustain that will last through to next Tuesday.
|Brand:||Gibson Custom Shop|
|Model:||Historic Featherweight Wildwood Spec 1957 Les Paul Gloss|
|Finish Color:||Sweet Cherry|
|Top Wood:||Carved Figured Maple|
|Body Wood:||Solid Non-Weight Relieved Mahogany|
|Neck Wood:||1-Piece Mahogany Neck|
|Neck Shape:||Early '50s Rounded|
|Neck Dimensions:||.920 1st - 1.010 12th|
|Width at Nut:||1 11/16"|
|Binding:||Slightly Darker Single-Ply Cream on Top and Neck|
|Pickups:||Gibson Custom Buckers wound to Wildwood Spec, CTS Pots and Bumble Bee Capacitors|
|Controls:||2 Volume, 2 Tone; 3-way Toggleswitch with Thin Washer & Jackplate|
|Bridge:||Gibson ABR-1 Bridge and Gibson Lightweight Aluminum Stoptail with Tone Pros Long Studs and Anchors|
|Case:||Gibson Custom Hardshell|